Monday 19 September 2016

Comfortable in my own skin


Comfortable in my own s

I've always come across as the kind of girl that can't be put down. #ConfidenceOnFleek - some would say. Not always a bad thing but not necessarily a good thing either.

With that said, journeying through each passing day, I realise that there is a thin line between confidence and obnoxiousness. You just have to wear each suit appropriately.

In anticipating the next level of undisputed awesome, I realise that my confidence levels can easily grow and can just as easily wither - very much like a flower. It's up to me to mould it in the right direction to get the most of the best outcome.

In the wake of the universal turmoil and sabotage of brown skin, I boldly embrace not only my skin - beautiful & chocolatey - but also embrace and affirm who I am, what I like and my passions, regardless of what is popular opinion and what is not. I guess that's what 'they' mean by #DoYouBooboo. Somewhat petrifying in the beginning but really, you have to stand for something or fall for anything.

Which brings me here, I kinda understand why people say life begins at 30. Late twenties aren't as bad as they sound though. I have grasped being confident about what I am and somewhat confident on how to do this life thing, that's a big chunk of what I can ask for. I am not the same person I was last year or the year before or even the year before that - that's a start. That's a stage. I see growth. My twenties have given me room to fail, fall apart, learn, grow, mould and the chance to know that every day, every situation and every person I encounter is a reason and opportunity to learn and even understand from another perspective...

Here's to keeping it moving everyday regardless, reaching a place of engrossing confidence and comfort in my beautiful (brown) skin.

Remember, you're only as confident as you plan to be.

No comments: