Monday 13 July 2015

Just human

I am human! 

I tend to convince myself that I'm actually some creature with super human powers. Something like bat woman, spider woman. Something straight out a comic book. Eventually, I'm humbled and reminded that indeed I am mortal.

Last week I was faced with the weirdest set of events and subsequently a difficult decision. The reality is, it can definitely be worse but positivity is knowing it can also get and be much better.

The crux of the situation was to choose between something logically correct and something circumstantially correct. I have never felt so helpless to myself in all my lifetime! I was the one asking for advice and no matter what anyone said, I still really needed a match, a lighter, a torch or anything that could illuminate that which felt like darkness. 

Every circumstance is a lesson and so I learnt and possibly grasped the fact that, my decisions, my being, my life has nothing to do with anyone else and everything to do with me. I am living and breathing for me. When you reach a crossroad in life, that is when you have to push the hardest and trust that your gut wont lead you astray.

And so I typed up the email that was and ended that which was slowly drilling a hole in my spirit. After that exercise I was reconciled with the fact that everything that is, is how it should be and everything that was is how it was supposed to be. In a moment of silence and a not so quick but eventual epiphany, I realised I made the right decision. And like a bird, I let that situation fly... away from me.

Remember, life is too long! Never do anything that makes you uncomfortable or unhappy and most importantly always bounce back!

No comments: