Saturday 20 June 2015

Change?!...

Hey readers,

Xenophobic attacks have calmed down but sadly our beautiful country is still plagued. 

I find myself in all kinds of situations. This is my journey...

I drove past a police raid where the police removed harmless hawkers and their loot. I don't know much about where they end up but hearsay says their stock is held ransom, only to be retrieved once ransom is paid in full . If this is true, it makes no sense. I'm not sure how hawkers affect anyone. Maybe someone could shed some light on my 'ignorance'.
I respect hawkers as they choose to get up and work everyday like every other respectable/respectful citizen who wants what they have. 

I don't want to get into too much detail because I don't know all the facts but I do know that my country has bigger problems than hawkers. It's time the focus shifted from the trivial. 

On the flip side of that, I've recently been shown some unrequited love by criminals. I'm so grateful I came out unscathed every single time. I weep for criminals, they are just broken souls. Luckily, most things that are broken can be fixed. 

Although I do not understand their reasons for causing inconvenience,  I understand that it is hard. It is hard for everyone. The difference between you and me is that I hustle to buy that pretty dress whereas you choose to steal it. 

I don't believe anyone is born bad. I think we are made bad. Through various knock downs, disappointments, problems inter alia. 

This last paragraph is a tribute to you Mr or Miss thief...

I could very well sit here and hurl curses at you but that doesn't edify me. We don't have bad blood between us. I hope what you found in my belongings helped you in some way. I send you peace. I pray that you find stability. 
Funny enough, you did something for me. You made me think about wanting to turn around my country somehow for the better. In that light,  thank you.

Remember,  material things are just that but things like freedom, integrity, respect and self value those things cannot be bought... nor stolen.

1 comment:

Kaoskesi said...

I really love this post. Very straight to the point. Just goes to show that good things can still come out of a bad situation. Well done "MsMoodz"