Tuesday 5 April 2016

Victim or victor

The days, weeks and months leading up to this post have been slow, somewhat treacherous and equally as frustrating. I’ve spent copious amounts of days with ‘clipped wings’- Death of motivation for a busy be like myself. Unfortunately, instead of practicing what I have preached in the past, I’ve found it easier to feel like a victim.

Yesterday, today, last week, a month ago, January the 31st, those were all borrowed time that I realize to my self-detriment, I have wasted. I’ve wasted them because I have single-handedly chosen not to apply myself. What do I say to that? Sies! (Yuck) No more!

As the journey continues, it’s clear that it is so easy to hit a bump in this road and another, and then another and another and another until it eventually feels like there’s no smooth patch in sight, relentlessly throwing you into the deep end of doubt, disbelief and sometimes neglect-A deep vortex that some people don’t ever find their way out of. As I gather the courage to walk on, I need to realize that these tough days will come, and they will come fierce. And you know what ‘victim’, it happens. Furthermore, the victim attitude gets you nowhere.

Dear Stranger, nobody said yesterday would be easy and tomorrow would be easier but once you apply yourself and think, there are things you can do today to take the load off tomorrow.

Dear Modiegi, it’s a normal course of life that the sun won't shine everyday but in everyday there’s an opportunity to shine- you’d be a fool not to seize those opportunities.

Dear life, sometimes it’s so hard to say thank you, but really thank you for today, yesterday and the possibility that there will be tomorrow.

The shutdown of procrastination, leads to wrapping my head around the fact that tomorrow isn’t guaranteed but today is. The opportunity to carpe diem exists and should be respected. Every day that I get to breathe, automatically makes that a day to win. Let the fact that we live in a world where so many people don’t get the opportunity to see a new day, a new month, a new year or even celebrate the next birthday sink in… That should be enough motivation to get going and use today to do better!

Of course, I don’t have all the solutions on hand, but I would think the first chapter of the manual is titled ‘Start Somewhere’.

Remember, it can rain everyday but even in the toughest storms, there will come a calm. Dance in the rain and push through the storm. It is a self-service to strive to be a victor not victim of this thing called, life.


No comments: